Thursday 29 December 2011

Happy New Year

To all who read this, Happy New Year and I wish you all the best.

In this new year, I promise to blog about SQL Server 2012 and also C# 2010, my current foci of interest. I'm deep-diving into both of these, and shall report on my findings, learning experiences, resources I've discovered, and so on.

What I can say for now is that after a hiatus lasting a year or more, I have re-fallen in love with programming. I deem C# a very cool language, and although I'm currently stumbling frequently, I'm growing centimeter by centimeter each day.

Incidentally, I made a resolution, which I've implemented even before New Year's Day. It's quite simple, but admittedly hard to implement. It is this: check your email as Job 2 or Job 3 every day. In my case, Job 1 is to go through another lesson in Mandarin, and Job 2 is to complete another chapter in the book I'm reading about C#. Only after these tasks do I investigate my email.

This approach, I can testify, works! I get stuff done well before the email task, and this is a lovely experience. If you are the sort of person who awakens, makes coffee, and immediately checks your email,  I suggest that you try this alternative approach. Substitute any two tasks for mine, but make checking email Job 3.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment